1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to change the WiFi dropout point.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by CdTDroiD, May 3, 2011.

1. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

Hi guys

Im starting a new thread because i really want to get it sorted, So after some research ive found that HTC (in its new Gingersense ROM's) have built it in so that WiFi drops at -88dBm. I found the fix that i posted on the other thread for HTC Desire HD's that are running ROM's like IC v16 but it doesnt seem to change anything after flashing on my desire.

I used WiFi analyzer to measure the signal and it always drops off at -88dBm after flashing the fix. SO, does anyone know how to make a fix for our desire as i can see this becoming a bigger issue as people start flashing these new ROM's more. Plus it pisses me off at work lol. Its fine at home but my WiFi router is to far away from me at work and i cant move it.

Not pointing my finger at anyone "SUroot" lol ;) the king of help. :D

Thanks people!

P.s. ive tried looking through all the ROM files and i cant find any files that point to WiFi configuration, im sure im just missing it though...

Advertisement

2. anoniemouse

anoniemouse Android Expert
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Button Moon
    Your best bet is to ask the devs over at xda, after all they are the ones that customise the roms for our desire's.

3. SUroot

SUroot Android Expert
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Aww I just noticed your Sig. I thought you had stolen turnerpctech's Avatar.

Edit> Yeah what anoniemouse said

4. CdTDroiD

CdTDroiD Android Enthusiast
    None

LOL yea i had to change it as my company is changing name also. so i thought id keep the username separate ;)

Tags: