• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to Check Ap2Sd storage?

if you actually manage to get into four digits for flashing different roms, i think i may need to confiscate your desire away from you for your own personal health :p

im so close to taking the plunge to rooting.. i just need a little extra push :)

how do i back up sms, and how do i do a factory reset? i've backed up SD card, contacts to google mail, what else do i need before i root using the one click tool?

Upvote 0
if you actually manage to get into four digits for flashing different roms, i think i may need to confiscate your desire away from you for your own personal health :p

im so close to taking the plunge to rooting.. i just need a little extra push :)

how do i back up sms, and how do i do a factory reset? i've backed up SD card, contacts to google mail, what else do i need before i root using the one click tool?

i think there is an app called my back up install that & use that to back up everything you need to sd card.
Once you are rooted you can do a nandroid backup

Upvote 0
im tempted to just not bother with the sms and apps.. sms aren't very important, and apps can be re downloaded.. backed up the important stuff.. may just jump into the root now when i next have a free hour to do it :) where on the phone's settings is factory restore?

and can i just confirm, if i decide to go to the 2.2 OTA update, bearing in mind that root won't be available, i will need a goldcard to flash on the generic htc RUU?

Upvote 0
im tempted to just not bother with the sms and apps.. sms aren't very important, and apps can be re downloaded.. backed up the important stuff.. may just jump into the root now when i next have a free hour to do it :) where on the phone's settings is factory restore?

and can i just confirm, if i decide to go to the 2.2 OTA update, bearing in mind that root won't be available, i will need a goldcard to flash on the generic htc RUU?

factory reset is in settings/sd & phone storage.
Yes you will need a goldcard to flash the generic rom.
Once you have rooted i will be very surprised if you go for the OTA

Upvote 0
hopefully, as soon as i muster up the courage to actually do it :p

SD card is fully backed up, contacts to google and on sd card, photos/videos on pc, will rooting on a freshly factory restored phone be easier?

Shouldn't make any difference m8, when you root a rooted rom is flashed to your phone.
once you run nandroid back up from the root screen & you have your selected rom & radio zips on your sd card, run the wipe etc from there & install your new radio & rom in that order.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones