1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to check nv radio?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rbby228, Feb 10, 2011.

1. rbby228

rbby228 Member

i wanna install mikfroyo on my evo and it says to install the latest radio updates before flashing the rom. all my radios are the latest ones but i dont know how to check my nv radio. also my wimax version is 4.6.2.3v271 is that the latest version?

thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

How did you get the latest radio? Did you get a new Evo that came that way? Did you just accept the latest OTA update (before rooting)? Did you update manually? If so to the latest one, was it with the combo update? Unless you updated the radio, wimax, and pri all manually, and forgot nv, you must have the latest nv. Unfortunately, I don't think anyone really knows how to actually check the version. That is the latest wimax radio, though. You should also verify that you have the latest PRI. But like I said, the only way to miss that would be if you updated the other things manually, one at a time and forgot it.

3. rbby228

rbby228 Member

it was updated ota before i rooted i have
    android 2.2
    baseband ver 2.15.11.19
    build number 3.70.651.1
    software number 3.70.651.1
    pri 1.90_003
    prl 60675

4. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Ok, you definitely have the latest NV, then. No need to worry.

5. rbby228

rbby228 Member

awesome! i wanted to make sure ill be able to flash my first rom this weekend without any hiccups

6. surfologist87

surfologist87 Android Expert

how though, do you check the NV?

7. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

I don't think anyone knows how to check NV version. Maybe in some buried MSL menu? Who knows. The fact of the matter is, if you've accepted OTA updates, you're going to have the official NV version that came with it. If you've updated radios manually, and you used the combo update, you have the NV version of that update. If you updated radios one at a time, but forgot NV, you have the NV from whatever the last OTA update you accepted. If you're ever unsure of your NV update due to updating manually too many times and losing track, you can just flash the latest single NV update to the latest. It's not hard to make an educated guess of what you've got.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. surfologist87

I see. It was just wondering because i have never seen anyone explain how to. lol

9. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Haha, yeah, I think it's because nobody has ever found out how. I'll see if I can find it, and I'll report back if I do.

10. surfologist87

It really is no big deal. I was looking at some of the different pc36imgs and RUUs and the only difference between a couple of them was a divverent NV radio. But i think its really no biggie, so dont sweat it

11. akazabam

akazabam Android Expert

Yes, you're probably looking at the 3.26 OTA (aka the first froyo OTA update). If you remember, it was leaked out prior to the official release. What you're probably seeing is a RUU for both the leak and the official release, where the NV was updated in between.

EDIT: On that note, I can think of no good reason to ever actually flash anything that old, but if for some reason you did want to, pick the one with the newer NV.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews