• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to choose which apps start on boot

Is there a way to have programs not auto-start, like Quickoffice, that we would like to use from time to time and not get rid of it completely just by renaming it?

I'm pretty sure root access will have to be obtained to do this, I know of certain apps that people say DO NOT TOUCH because theres still some kind of lockdown and the phone it self won't see it, causing problems - but that may be from a full blown recovery. Renaming them will take root, to even get to the app, so will edit. Quickoffice is nice, I assume you have the leak? I didn't get that pushed until I upgraded via zip.

The phones memory management is very good, even better if you have 2.2, even the leak. I had 150mb free on 2.1, now I float around 55, BUT the phones faster, smother and apps open quicker.

I think a lot of these issues will be cured with froyo, when ever that may occure... :p

Try checking your services and what's running in the background, do you have 2.2 or 2.1? Settings have changed in the new update, you can control and view more of whats going on - you can force close what you "think" may be slowing down your X, or even a task killer but seriously - 2.2 runs great, no matter how much memory is available - good software management, can only get better ( Microsoft excluded )

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones