1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to clear Picasa cache from Gallery?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TheDifference, Aug 3, 2011.

1. TheDifference

TheDifference Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    Hi all!

so i've had my xoom for a few days now and i've had an issue with my gallery and in particular the Picasa cache.

I originally synced with picasa which has created a cache. now ive decided i dont want my picasa albums showing on my xoom so ive unsynced from picasa and unticked the box but the picasa albums are still there. I cant get rid of them. rebooted several times as well. I know this method of removing works because i have an androided HD2.

i've found where the cache is stored on the xoom ( /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/com.android.gallery3d/cache ). there are several folders in there all named "picasa-xxxxxxxx". these files can only be seen via Astro file manager, or the stock file manager. I tried plugging into the pc, but everything after the Android folder is hidden. now, i've tried deleting the cached pics and it sort of works.... when i go back into gallery, the picasa folder is still there as well as the thumbnails, but when you click on the thumbnail, the pic wont load... hardly a fix!

i've also tried playing with album visibility in picasa but that doesnt work since i always have visibility of my own albums... seems the only way to remove the cached picasa pics is to remove them in picasa, and then sync the xoom... obviously this is not a solution because i dont want to delete my picasa pics, i just want them off my xoom.

any help is welcome!

xoom is stock standard Australian Telstra build running 3.1

i've now tried to copy the wallpaper pics ive downloaded via the xoom onto my pc so that i can go into settings>app>gallery>delete data.... fail. when i plug it into my laptop, the folder contains the pics, but they all have zero file size. tried copying them over anyways, but no dice, apparently it is possible to copy files that have zero size. this is balls...

Advertisement

2. TheDifference

TheDifference Lurker
    None

Aug 1, 2011
    all good. transferred the files via bluetooth then cleared data from gallery. turns out i didnt need to copy the pics to pc. clearing gallery data didnt affect the downloaded pics or the other albums i copied from pc to xoom.

3. sareeshmnair

sareeshmnair Lurker
    None

Mar 5, 2012
    Go to Settings->application->manage applications->gallery
    then clear the data.
    its work for me (sony ericsson live )