1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to clear recently watched on netflix app?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Jalouis, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Jalouis

Jalouis Lurker

I use the netflix app on my samsung phone, I share my account with my friends. And now I don't want my friends to know what I've watch on netflix. so how to clear recently watched on netflix? Please guide me, thanks everyone.

Madasa likes this.
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

you can't.......you can one by one clear the continue watching row. but the watch it again row can't be deleted.....sorry but you are s.o.l. on that one.

MrJavi likes this.
  3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

Using the Netflix app is more than difficult as they've hidden the Account settings menu in a bizarre nesting of multiple layers of nest icons.

I find it easier (well only relatively, as I think their user interfaces, both app and web interface, are horrific) to log into my Netflix account using a web browser and and get to my Account settings that way. Log into your account, click on your account icon in the upper right corner so a contextual drop-down menu shows and select 'Account'. Your Account settings window should show. Go to the Account & Parental Controls section, click on the down arrow to the right of your user account name, and in the resulting menu click on View to the right of Viewing Activity.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

@svim nice one!!!!!

never bothered to look on the web. i did also find it on the app. find the hamburger(3 lines) down on the bottom right>acounts>scroll down to profile & parental controls>>viewing activity>select hide all

MrJavi and svim like this.
  5. svim

svim Extreme Android User

The Netflix app also allows one to delete shows in that 'Continue Watching for {user name}', which might be what you're asking about? That's the most obvious indicator of stuff you're currently watching. (the other stuff refer to your viewing history). Tap on the three vertical dot menu on the show in question's icon and there's a 'Remove From Row' option.

MrJavi likes this.
  6. wallflower3

wallflower3 Lurker

whew, glad I stumbled upon this thread, it helped me a lot! :D

MrJavi likes this.
  7. akaskhu

akaskhu Newbie

It's a pity that I only know how to delete on teatv movie apps like netflix

#7 akaskhu, Jun 26, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    MrJavi likes this.