• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to clear the notification bar on the tmobile samsung galaxy s2 ?

Denverguy

Oct 24, 2010
I used to have samsung vibrant and there was a "clear" button on the notification bar,but i cant find that on the samsung galaxy s2 which i have just bought several hours ago !

also how to close the web browser?without having to delete it through the task manager?I used to see the "close"button when i click windows on each opened window"but not on this galaxy s2
is there problem with my phone ?

When there are notifications that show up in the bar (like new e-mail), drag the bar down and there should be a Clear button available. If you have no "clearable" notifications (calls, e-mails, texts, market updates) then there is no clear button. It will show you running items that have notification area items, but that is it. If you tap on one of those items it will bring you to it. Examples of these programs are Lookout AntiMalware, MyPhoneExplorer and JuiceDefender. They can`t be cleared since they are running progams with notification bar status icons.

Reactions: Denverguy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones