1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

How to completely Remove/Delete HTC Sense?!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by texas83, Sep 2, 2010.

1. texas83

texas83 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2010
    I have a rooted Hero, running Fresh 2.3.3 ROM with DarchKernel786. I use LauncherPro and want to delete HTC sense from taking up so much internal memory! Is this possible?

Also, i want to remove some stock apps like Peep from my phone as well, but they do not show up under app uninstaller. I've read that root explorer app can accomplish this, but the app was really confusing and I didn't understand. Can someone help me out?

THANKS!

Advertisement

2. jwpilly

jwpilly Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    St. Louis
    Why don't you just flash Darch 2.8 or CM 6? The purpose of fresh 2.3.3 is to give you HTC sense and all its widgets. If you don't want that then flash the other guys and all traces of sense and its bloatware, along with the bloatware of 2.3.3, will be gone.

3. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    BAMF
    Texas
    If you don't want sense you'll have to flash an aosp rom like Darch or CM6 as sense based roms require sense for more than just the launcher so deleting it isn't an option.

4. smeade5

smeade5 New Member

Aug 31, 2011
    I want to remove facebook for HTC sense but can't. I don't want to remove any of the widgets but that one. Can anyone help me?

5. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    Lewis Center, OH
    Welcome to the forums!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Have you tried using Titanium Backup and delete or freeze FB for HTC Sense? Before deleting anything though make sure that you have a current nandroid backup;) Just in case:)

Tags: