• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root How to completely restore your phone

Germwise

Android Enthusiast
Nov 8, 2009
I've been trying some of the roms and I wanted to go back to stock. I did this a few times and I found that my phone would not only get all its apps back thanks to titanium, but that my wallpaper, icons and widgets would all be in their correct place if I just let the phone sit for a few minutes.

Last attempt I kept CM6 for a full 24 hours and now when I restore all my icons and widgets aren't coming back!

What do I need to do?

Yeah my reason for asking about the Titanium choice is that I figured a couple things could have potentially happened, giving you the feeling that your phone wasn't completely restored because you know you've formerly had apps that aren't showing up. Here's why they might not IMO:

1.) A complete fluke on the nand restore in which case a 2nd effort may be worthy. Should be identical unless...

2.) You inadvertantly restored an earlier nand backup than what you intended to. Meaning that you may have had a different configuration with certain icons/widgets on your various screens than what you have become accustomed to.

3.) You loaded new apps/widgets in between the time that you flashed to CM6 and the time you restored and did not force a Titanium backup afterward and/or any automatic backup scheduling wasn't set to occur during that timeframe. In this case, they'd be missing entirely.

Couldn't tell by your OP if they were missing altogether or just the homescreen(s) arrangement was not what you had previously.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones