• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to connect faster from Win-PC to SmartPhone?

pstein

Apr 12, 2012
After connecting my Win 7 notebook though USB cable with my old Moto G SmartPhone the device AND folders were visible in WinExplorer after approx.20 seconds.

Now I bought a new smartphone Huawei. When I do the same procedure here the successful connect last approx 5 minutes!

Even pressing F5 does not speed up.

The device itself shows up fast in WinExplorer but the files+folder tree inside need a looooooooooong time

Whats wrong?

How can I speed up the successful FULL connect ?

Peter

The USB cable can only run so fast.

the newer phone has a much great amount of RAM/Memory on it, and a lot more folders to sort through.

here is an example.... even back with old WinXP, if you had a 250 mB hard drive, you could hit Windows key plus the 'E' key and File Explorer popped up like magic and showed you the hard drive all all of th folders, even if you clicked on ProgramsX86, it would show you the files in a heart beat.
Now, take that same computer, and attach a 16 gB hard drive to it that is full of pictures, data, etc....

you better go get a cup of coffee, walk around the block, take a bathroom break, and then come back to see if it is ready to go.

your new cellphone is a monster compared to the old phone, and it will take a long time to display the filenames. that is exactly why I have quit using the USB cable period!

I now use ASUS File Manager and make sure the PC has a shared folder on it.
now with ASUS FM, you select a major topic, Images; Documents; Screenshots, etc....
and then it will display the Most Recent files by date ......

that usually for me is around 5 to 20 pictures..... I select the ones I want, hit the 3 dot menu, select "Copy to" and then "network" and then the PC when it shows up.
then on the PC folder(s) I select the shared folder to drop those pictures into.

Job 1 done.

I am right now, as I type, getting ready to turn the phone off, pull the SD card out, plug it into an adapter for the PC, and copy everything off of it, and format the SD card and put it back in the phone..... my 64 gB card only has 6 gB left free... time to clean house.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.filemanager

Reactions: kct1975
Upvote 0
The USB cable can only run so fast.

the newer phone has a much great amount of RAM/Memory on it, and a lot more folders to sort through.

here is an example.... even back with old WinXP, if you had a 250 mB hard drive, you could hit Windows key plus the 'E' key and File Explorer popped up like magic and showed you the hard drive all all of th folders, even if you clicked on ProgramsX86, it would show you the files in a heart beat.
Now, take that same computer, and attach a 16 gB hard drive to it that is full of pictures, data, etc....

you better go get a cup of coffee, walk around the block, take a bathroom break, and then come back to see if it is ready to go.

your new cellphone is a monster compared to the old phone, and it will take a long time to display the filenames. that is exactly why I have quit using the USB cable period!

I now use ASUS File Manager and make sure the PC has a shared folder on it.
now with ASUS FM, you select a major topic, Images; Documents; Screenshots, etc....
and then it will display the Most Recent files by date ......

that usually for me is around 5 to 20 pictures..... I select the ones I want, hit the 3 dot menu, select "Copy to" and then "network" and then the PC when it shows up.
then on the PC folder(s) I select the shared folder to drop those pictures into.

Job 1 done.

I am right now, as I type, getting ready to turn the phone off, pull the SD card out, plug it into an adapter for the PC, and copy everything off of it, and format the SD card and put it back in the phone..... my 64 gB card only has 6 gB left free... time to clean house.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.filemanager
Doubt that's the issue. I plug in my S7 Edge into my laptop and in less than 10 seconds I'm browsing it's files. And its about 20GB full. Same goes for my 2TB external HDD that is about 1.5TB full.

I'm leaning more to cable and USB port quality.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones