1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to connect HTC Inspire 4G to PC / repair Android OS ? (Plz read Description)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EscUser, Jan 25, 2015.

1. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

Hey there, I'm having problem connecting device to Computer... I have tried different data cables and OS... I thought that the problem is with the drivers but I was wrong... I think that the problem I with software of my mobile... I have an old version of HTC Inspire 4G which have about 1 GB internal memory and 601 MB of RAM and Android 2.3.5 running on it... I updated my phone by a dial code which was *#*#682#*#* ... The new version of HTC Inspire 4G has 3 GB internal memory... when I connect my device to Computer, it shows the error that The Device is not recognized, and my phone only do charging when connected to Computer... I also noticed that when I connect phone with AC adaptor to charge, it shows " Charging (AC)" status in Settings >> About Phone >> Battery Status... and when I connect my device to Computer, it shows the "Charging (USB)" status... someone told me that the problem is with the charging port so I changed that port tomorrow but the problem is still the same... also note that I have also tried HTC sync which installs drivers automatically but it also didn't work... other 3rd party softwares which install drivers were also of no use... now you may think that I haven't tried by changing "Connect to PC" settings, but I have tried all of these also... I also have tried connecting to Computer running on Ubuntu Linux, but it doesn't respond... at the last, I came with the conclusion that the phone's software has the problem... it recognises when I connect my phone to Computer but I don't connect as a Disc Drive or to HTC sync... may be the solution will be to repair my phone's OS... but it is not rooted and bootloader is also locked...

I think that an Android Developer will answer this correctly... thanks in advance and sorry of my bad English...

#1 EscUser, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. frosthax1

frosthax1 Android Enthusiast

you can try universal naked drivers and see if that works.google it it needs to be manually installed.more than likely its windows and not you phone.if you have windows 8.1 its definitly a known bug in windows and you need to turn off driver signature enforcement before you attempt to install the universal naked drivers.best of luck

3. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

it is not working :-\

4. frosthax1

hmm i dunno then.i dont have your phone.did you try to see if you can factory reset phone?>

5. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

6. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

7. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

Can we take any advantage of S-Off ?

8. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

I had the International version of that device, the Desire HD. With S-OFF you can pretty much flash any RUU which should return your handset back to stock.

Do you remember the software version you were on (different to the Android version) before anything updated?

gbiggie likes this.
  9. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

No I don't... I only know that before update, its Android version was 2.3.3 and now it is 2.3.5

10. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

Will it work if I download the ROM zip file and move it to SD Card and then install it from boot menu ??

11. frosthax1

if your soff like el said you can just use the ruu file on as card.I'll let el finish you up as I'm falling asleep.he'll explain how that works

EscUser likes this.
  12. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

Were you definitely using an Inspire, or was it the Desire HD? Can you go in to Settings -> About Phone and let me know the software version please?

13. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

[​IMG]

and the name it shows is "HTC Inspire (TM) 4G"

14. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

[​IMG]

15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

The only thing you'll connect to via USB is the sd card and if Ubuntu wouldn't do it, then it's likely that the sd card has gone bad, yeah?

16. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

Do you mean that the sd card is bad... may be you are right but I don't have another sd Card to try :-\
    and by the way, sd card works fine with card reader

17. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

and if the sd card is bad, fastboot command in ubuntu should recognize that there is a device connected, but it don't... It only shows <Waiting for Devices>

18. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

And the phone was in fastboot mode, yeah?

(FASTBOOT USB showing in hboot)

#18 EarlyMon, Jan 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  19. EscUser

EscUser Newbie

yep...

EarlyMon likes this.
  20. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member

If everything else is working, you can use an ftp server on the phone, or try AirDroid.

Otherwise - if it wasn't a USB 3 port and it's not the cable (you've already checked that), it's not the driver (Ubuntu doesn't use them obviously), so you'll have to get it serviced.

gbiggie and EscUser like this.