1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How To Convert Mini DV and VHS-C Tapes to MP4

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Kelby232, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Kelby232

Kelby232 Newbie

I searched a few places and I didn't find any answers so I am hoping you guys might be able to help me.

I have about 20-30 Mini DV and VHS-C tapes that contain home videos of my family. My mom just passed away so I'd like to get these converted to MP4's so I can organize them and distribute them to other members of my family.

The problem is, I have no idea how to do this. I don't even have a VCR player anymore. Please tell me everything I need to convert these on to my computer as MP4's or tell me where I can go to get this done. If you are telling me where I can go to get this done, please give me a ballpark price you think it would cost to get this done.

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

My niece did that about a year ago. She just did a Google search, picked a local place, walked the tapes in and, in a few days, walked out with the tapes, a couple of DVDs and a few dollars lighter. I don't remember the price, but definitely under $100.

mikedt likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

I think this is the best option. Very likely cheaper than buying all the required hardware, especially as the OP has no means of playing the tapes.