• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to coordinate email, contacts and calendar from different sources

ociopia

Dec 6, 2009
Got my new Droid and started set up. All my contacts are both in gmail and in Outlook. My calendar is in both Google and in Outlook and I use a Google sync to do that. My email is with comcast but also pulls over into Gmail.

I sync'd my contacts from Gmail, because that was easy. But I have discovered that you can only sync one account. My calendar has a different account name (you can't use a gmail address for google calendar, for some reason.) So I can't sync my calendar from Google.

So - it seems I need to forego the whole Google thing and find a way to sync my Outlook calendar and contacts. How do I do that - any suggestions?

Anyone else find it odd that Google has contacts only on gmail and for some reason separates out Google Calendar into another account with a different account name?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones