• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How To: Copy text from Gmail app

LeoBloom

Dec 21, 2010
This tutorial is for the HTC incredible 2 running GB.

I discovered something by accident: you can copy text e.g. a tracking number, from the official Gmail app without going through hoops such as using another mail client or "replying inline" where the received email becomes editable.

1. Do a short tap followed by a slightly longer tap on any word of the string of text you wish to copy. This will highlight that word and produce the expandable bookends. Alternatively, you can press "Menu," "More," and "Select text," but I find the former method to be faster

2. Once you select the text, all you have to do is tap any part of the selected area! It will be copied to your clipboard.

Apologies if you all knew this but I definitely didn't and have been "replying inline" for the last 2.5 months.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones