1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How To: Copy text from Gmail app

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by LeoBloom, Sep 12, 2011.

1. LeoBloom

LeoBloom Newbie

This tutorial is for the HTC incredible 2 running GB.

I discovered something by accident: you can copy text e.g. a tracking number, from the official Gmail app without going through hoops such as using another mail client or "replying inline" where the received email becomes editable.

1. Do a short tap followed by a slightly longer tap on any word of the string of text you wish to copy. This will highlight that word and produce the expandable bookends. Alternatively, you can press "Menu," "More," and "Select text," but I find the former method to be faster

2. Once you select the text, all you have to do is tap any part of the selected area! It will be copied to your clipboard.

Apologies if you all knew this but I definitely didn't and have been "replying inline" for the last 2.5 months.

2. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut?
    VIP Member

Thanks for sharing that. I bet quite a few people didn't know that and will be happy to read this.
    :)

HTC Droid Incredible 2 Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible 2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1450mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews