1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to create a custom theme for download

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by greysight, Jun 6, 2010.

1. greysight

greysight Member

Hello... can anyone point me in the right direction for creating a custom scene for use with the incredible? Not sure if there are applications I would need and also i need to know how to build the files into an apk file.

Any info will help... thanks.

2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Android Enthusiast

What exactly do you want to create, a scene or a theme? Scenes are simply saved layouts of your homescreens and wallpapers. Themes are used with home-replacement apps such as GDE and change the way the homescreens function and look.

3. greysight

greysight Member

I would like to create custom backgrounds that people can choose from. How would I set that up? If that goes well then I may consider custom icons and such.

4. palomosan

palomosan Member

There you go...
    Menu, Scenes, Clean Slate.

Put whatever you want on that one.

5. greysight

greysight Member

Thanks but I would.like to package it as an all file..how do I set this up?

6. greysight

greysight Member

Hey i am back again... next question.. I am thinking about constructing a theme I noticed there are themes that require additional plugins like A-home etc etc. Are there any themes that are universal? Just download and use on any phone. Or do you need these additional add-ons to make your themes backwards compatible with other phones and brands

If there is a universal theme that works on 95% of the phones on the market without additional downloads... can someone tell me?... i would like to see how it was done.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews