• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to create a custom update.zip?

stevve

Lurker
Dec 23, 2011
I have a Pandigital Planet running 2.3.4 that's been rooted

So I wanted to create a .zip file which I use to update during the recovey process to batch add apks ( the boot loader menu is Android system recovery <3e> )

The format seems simple enough:
there are two directories META-INF & system and it seems simple to edit an updater-script (tons of examples out there) and add the right stuff to the systems apps directory

where I'm struggling is what appears the signing process
- I've tried zipsigner1.1 autosign.jar, signapk all which sign the zip file from my windows 7 PC and even tried ZipSigner 2_2.3 which signs right on the tablet (they all seem to use test keys)

- everytime when applying the update during the boot I get "E:signature verification failed&#8221;

I know I can apply updates which others have created (that how I go the tablet rooted)

how does one going about creating a proper .zip file that can be used ?

thanks in advance

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones