• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to delete apps and links

redherrings

Lurker
Jun 14, 2011
Hi all,
I have a galaxy s1 and have been downloading apps from the android market. The problem i have is that 1 app when uninstalled removes the program but is still listed under my apps on the android website. It appears to be some sort of link to reinstall the program. Can anyone tell me how to remove this annoying link. Much appreciated.

Hi sitlet, thanks for responding. Am new to apps so forgive me for being a bit stupid. There isn't a problem with the app. I thought that when you click the (my apps) tab on android website it displays a list of apps currently downloaded onto phone. After uninstalling another app I've reolised it actually holds a history file of all downloads. My question is this; Can the download or parts of the download history be removed. Reasoning for this is that there seems to be a few very handy apps about, yet for every app i fancy trying, there is many different versions of the same thing; Some better than others. Rather than using lots of storage on phone, it would be great if I could test the app and then uninstall it ready to try the next app. If download history could be selectively removed, I could use this to store usefull apps that I don't need to store on phone. Hope the above makes sense even though it is a bit long winded. Thanks..

Upvote 0
Hi sitlet, thanks for responding. Am new to apps so forgive me for being a bit stupid. There isn't a problem with the app. I thought that when you click the (my apps) tab on android website it displays a list of apps currently downloaded onto phone. After uninstalling another app I've reolised it actually holds a history file of all downloads. My question is this; Can the download or parts of the download history be removed. Reasoning for this is that there seems to be a few very handy apps about, yet for every app i fancy trying, there is many different versions of the same thing; Some better than others. Rather than using lots of storage on phone, it would be great if I could test the app and then uninstall it ready to try the next app. If download history could be selectively removed, I could use this to store usefull apps that I don't need to store on phone. Hope the above makes sense even though it is a bit long winded. Thanks..

Hopefully I answer this right for you.

The "my apps" section in market only shows a "view" list of apps you have downloaded ... it does not actually hold the full app itself and therefore does not use any memory on your phone. It's more a reminder if anything else. IN a similar way the Gmail app does not download all you emails to your phone but rather lets you "see" what is on the server.

You can download an app, try it out and uninstall it and then try another version. The "My apps" list can act as a reminder for you on what apps you have tried rather than you having to sit there going "what was the name of that app from 3 weeks ago I tried for a day?".

I hope this helps answer your question.

Reactions: redherrings
Upvote 0
Hi alostpacket,
Thanks for the reply. No, it's a freebee app and am glad to see now that after about a week the app link to reinstall has disappeared from the my apps tab. I think the lesson is to only download whats recommended through forums like this one. Appreciate your time. Have a great day.
Regards, Buzzby....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones