1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to delete e-mail acccount?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jfenton, Sep 19, 2011.

1. jfenton

jfenton Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 31, 2010
    Now that I've convinced myself there is no way to mass delete already deleted e-mails by emptying the trash folder, I have dowwnloaded and installed K9.

For the life of me, I can't find a way to delete the original email account?

Typically these is a listing for accounts and you can delete them but I can't find this anywhere?

Advertisement

2. Requiem88

Requiem88 Lurker
    None

Apr 20, 2011
    Ran into this issue working on one of these devices the other day. If you're still curious, I have a solution for you. Hoping you only have one email account linked up that you want gone (this solution will get rid of everything in your native email application).

From your home screen, select Menu>Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>All (this is a top tab)

From there, scroll down the alphabetically listed applications on your device, select Email (the icon will match your app icon from you Applications menu), and then select to Clear Data. This will wipe out anything stored on your native Email Application.

3. backdoc7

backdoc7 Newbie
    None

Jun 9, 2010
    That was driving me crazy as i accidentally set up my gmail there and the "gmail" icon too.. thanks for the detailed write up.