• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to delete gmail account and or sign out of Google market?

I have same problem. I added a 2nd gmail account and am trying to delete the first one (don't want to get too many email and notices on the cell phone). I have removed the account and it no longer shows it in the list of accounts. I however keep getting the emails. some site suggested removing the sim card and replacing it, it did not work. another suggested downloading es file explorer. I did it but have no idea what to do with it! Helppppppppppppppp!

Upvote 0
i have the same problem... but when i go to accounts and sync and click on my account then i click remove account it says the account is required by some apps and you can only remove it by doing a factory reset. and i did a factory reset and it messed my phone up once so is there another way?

Upvote 0
A factory reset WILL delete all user apps, data and settings. But if there are apps and contacts tied to that particular e-mail address, then as far as I know a factory reset is the only option to getting rid of it all.

Just know that when you sign in with the new address, nothing will restore - apps, contacts, anything synced to Google - because you're using a different Play account. SO you will want to write down ALL your apps and contacts so you can put them into the new account.

I don't know of any other way to merge data from one Google account to another :(

AG, how exactly did it mess up your phone?

Upvote 0
For all of you who are trying to find out how to delete your Gmail stop trying to find a full site to do so. You need to think outside of the box. It's not a Gmail site you need to find it's in the phone. Open you internet and go to the your internet properties. On my Samsung galaxy it's the bottom left bottom that you select. Scroll till you see settings. Under the settings you will scroll till you find "select mode" choose this and then out of those two settings you'll see two options. Mine are Android and the other Desktop. If you choose desktop you now have an internet that runs just like a computer. Then when you log into Gmail it's just like on your computer and gives you the "delete forever option. Hope this works for you. I know it also worked on mg old blackberry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones