• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to delete multiple contacts at once in People app?

kristieb1

Jan 7, 2012
Just got my Galaxy Nexus. Somehow "Lookout" backed up ALLLLL my contacts (including the bazillion email addresses in my Yahoo account) into my People app. I can't figure out how to delete multiple contacts at once from the People App. I have 650+ contacts in the People App now. I only want about 75 of them in my phone! I just can't figure it out. I'm a dunce.

Ugh should I just go into Lookout on my laptop and try to delete the extra contacts in there and then re-sync it??

PS: When I go to Menu, then Accounts, only my gmail account shows up. I don't want to disable my gmail account from syncing. I want to get all these 650+ contacts REMOVED from my gmail account, but I can't figure that out either.

Lookout put all the contacts onto my phone. So now they are stuck in my gmail account. And I know this sounds stupid, but I hardly ever use Gmail, and I couldn't figure out where my address book was (using my laptop). But I just figured it out. So, I will mass-delete the extra contacts in Gmail on my laptop, then resync contacts with my gmail account. Problem solved.

BUT why can't we delete multiple contacts in the People app? This should be allowable!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones