1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Delete Music

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by pammft, Sep 10, 2011.

1. pammft

pammft Lurker

I am new to my Android X2 with many questions but the most pressing today is how to delete a bunch of music that was on my computer (from when I purchased it) and got synced to my phone.

Advertisement

2. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Welcome to AF :)

By connecting your phone via usb you can explore the files like a regular drive and just delete them.

You should also delete the ones on your computer :)

How to turn on USB Storage:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande?

Also it may look like this:

How to Mount SD Card with your Computer

There is a pull-down "shade" that at the top of the screen that you can use to put the SD card in "USB Mass Storage" or "Mount as Disk Drive" mode.

Make sure you device is connected via the USB cable, then touch the top of the screen and drag down. You should see a few sections, one of which is labeled "Ongoing" with a "USB connection" section. Touch the "USB connection" section, then select "USB Mass Storage" (or similar option). Hopefully, when you do this, your computer will automatically recognize your phone's SD card so you can explore it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

If you are using a Windows machine, don't forget to do a "safe eject" before repeating the above steps but choosing "Charge only" and unplugging your USB cable so that your phone will be in control of your SD card again.