• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to delete SMS from HTC HERO

christar

Lurker
Aug 27, 2010
Many ppl complaints about their Hero freeze when u try to delete large threads of messages. My Hero also died and i had to turn it off. But then i found the solution:

1-Download SMS quick delete
2- Turn off the screen lock function, (so that ure screen always is on)
3- Open Sms Quick delete, find the thread u wanna delete, open it and select all and delete!
4- Do NOT lock ure screen, just let the app do its work.
5- If the countdown thingy goes away, dont worry, cus the program is still working. If someone calls u during delete just open the program again and see that the msg u r deleting is still going, it will! U dont have to open thread to see that, just watch the sms number!

Its a very slow process but for me it was the only way.
It deletes 10 msg a min! So 1 hr is 600 sms! But when u get down to around 600 msg left the prosess speeds up, but if u have like 4000 msg in a thread its around 10 sms a min!

Important: NEVER lock ure screen, then the prosess will pause!

Sorry my english but hope u understand and will find this usefull!

Reactions: sugarfly
There's actually a program out there called Delete Old Messages that is really good. Gives you options such as Delete all messages received over 1 day ago, Delete all messages except the 100 most recent, Delete all messages except the last 10 from each person. Each of these settings can be modified as well. It takes me about 10 minutes to delete 600 messages with this app!

Reactions: sugarfly
Upvote 0
I already knew of the "unlock your screen & hit delete then goto bed" method, but what if you want a more practical solution. WHY has this not been resolved. I can delete a 1.5 gig movie off my sd card in 5 seconds, but I can't delete a 1000 text message thread in under 5 hours? This is just ridiculous, when is this going to be addressed with a better solution? Why can't I just mount my god damn phone and delete this crap...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones