1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

How to Disable - Add to Home - Remove from Home

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Snowman32, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Snowman32

Snowman32 Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    If possible, how do you disable the "Add to Home" function which adds apps, shortcuts, and widgets to your home screen. Also how to you disable the removal of these apps, shortcuts, and widgets from your home screen.

The reason why I ask is because my 2.5 year old son is reaking havoc and removes everything from my home screens and then places his own apps there. I have even tried to have my apps in the very last screen, but he finds it.

I am using an HTC Incredible.

Thanks,
    Bill

Advertisement

2. itsallgood

itsallgood Android Expert
    None

Jan 27, 2011
    I don't know if you can do this. I have an Atrix and when I press the menu button there is a button called "Lock Desktop" It prevents you from moving or editing apps on the home screens. Also, you can try an app called "Kid Mode".

Put your Android phone into Kid Mode! - YouTube

3. Snowman32

Snowman32 Lurker
    None

Oct 11, 2011
    No there is no Lock Desktop in my menu. Although, I found Scenes in the menu. This allows you to save your desktop apps, widgets, etc. You can then restore any Scene you save. This will definitly work for me. I can then reset to my Scene and be done with it. The best thing is that you cannot delete a screne from that menu option. You have to dig in the Settings to delete Scenes. If my son finds that, then I am in trouble. I cannot wait until I get my next phone and turn this into a WiFi only phone for him.

As for "Kid Mode", I already have that. He enjoys taking pictures, playing games like Angry Birds (since 1.5 years old), playing music while playing games, etc. "Kid Mode" no longer keeps him occupied. Thanks for the suggestion.