1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to Disable All USB Data Transferring

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Android Question

I want to know how I can outright disable media transferring on my phone. For example, if my phone were stolen and connected to a PC, someone could access all my personal pics, vids, files, etc. I already use a screen lock and all that, but that won't protect my phone from being plugged into a computer. So how can I prevent my phone from openly connecting with a computer?

Also, not sure if this is related, or will benefit me in any way, but what exactly does encrypting my phone accomplish?

T-Mobile Xperia Z1s
    Android 4.4.4

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. girolez

girolez Often Off Piste

Hi

Re encryption:

Its more for security if your phone was stolen etc. Once you have encrypted your phone, you will be prompted for the password to 'decrypt storage' everytime you turn the phone on. Once the phone is on, the files are accessible and readable. However if your phone was lost / stolen and was restarted, the data on there would be completely useless without your password.

Most thieves will turn your phone off so that you cannot wipe it using Lookout etc., but if you have encrypted it and have a security app installed, you have both options (leave it on and turn it off) covered.

Roger