• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to disable blinking notification icon in peek display?

probelogic

Lurker
Oct 1, 2022
I cracked the screen on my phone (moto g power 2021) and bought the the exact same model to replace it. Both are running the same Android 11 build.

On the Peek Display, the old phone shows a simple icon for notifications, e.g. new email. The new phone shows a flashing icon for notifications with "Tap and hold" above it. (See photos below.)

The flashing/blinking icon is annoying, but I can't find a setting to make the Peek Display use a plain non-flashing icon like my old phone.

How do I configure Peek Display notification to use just the icon and not the blinking/flashing icon with "Tap and hold" above it?

peek_screen_new.jpg
peek_screen_old.jpg

Have you tried it with Safe Reply off, I'm sure you have.
I have an older E6 elsewhere but also have you tried the Moto or *Device Help app (if there) for the setting.

Also, though the same model, some settings or the Moto or *Help (iirc) app may have updated in the newer one. You can compare the version in Settings - Apps.

Not much help, but hopefully someone with a Moto will respond.

*I see the actual app is called Device Help on my E6 (no Peek Display)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones