• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to disable essentials?

Is there anyway to stop it from always try to download essentials? Everytime I restart my phone it tries to download it. I downloaded it once and deleted all the stuff anyway to stop it from downloading again?

If you are rooted the best thing you can do it to remove the MobileID app.

If you aren't rooted let it update, then go into mobileid and switch back to the My ID pack, and then remove all the B.S. it installed to see if it helps. I think this is how I did it before we had root and was able to remove the whole app

Upvote 0
If you are rooted the best thing you can do it to remove the MobileID app.

If you aren't rooted let it update, then go into mobileid and switch back to the My ID pack, and then remove all the B.S. it installed to see if it helps. I think this is how I did it before we had root and was able to remove the whole app

Yeah, what he said, but it will likely come back unless you root the phone and freeze or uninstall MobileID using an app such as Titanium Backup or Root Uninstaller.

Upvote 0
I uninstalled the apps it put on that I didn't (like yelp!, etc.). Then I downloaded "Holo Launcher". I hide what I don't want to see. You can take the MobileID (and others) off the "dock" at the bottom and make whatever you want. Then I went into the "Draw" setting and "Hide" the apps I don't want to see. I'm not rooted so that is the way I dealt with it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones