1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to disable Smart Manger ( Android 6.0.1 )

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by egyptknight, Jul 4, 2017.

1. egyptknight

egyptknight Lurker

hi every body i bought a Samsung note 4 ( black ) for my wife and it seemed to receive an update called smart manger
    when i try to install an app from outside the Google store it pops up saying that is unsafe and may hurt my phone and even i choose to install it it pops up after 2 days and remove that app .
    So my question is :
    1 - How to disable this Smart Manger because i cannot install it from app manger in setting ?
    2 - How to disable KNOX security and app optimizer for this phone ( included in Smart manger ) ?
    3 - If i cannot disable this ... any way to make that Smart manger bypass my app without removing it or bothering me with security notifications ?
    Please help me guys ...

Device : Samsung Note 4 ( SM 910 c ) black
    Android : Marshmallow ( 6.0.1 )
    Knox password : UNKNOWN

a99525577 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, go to "Settings", "Security" then look for "Unknown Sources" and put a tick in the box. Go to "Settings", "Application Manager" hit the three dots at the top right and select "Show system apps", scroll down to "Smart Manager" and select notifications not allowed. Phil

#2 philayl, Jul 5, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    a99525577 likes this.
  3. a99525577

a99525577 Lurker

egyptknight likes this.
  4. a99525577

a99525577 Lurker

5. egyptknight

egyptknight Lurker

hi my friend :
    if i do what you say the smart manger will be disabled ?
    is their any way to Uninstall it ?
    If i disabled the notifications ... this mean i disabled KNOX security and Antivirus so it cannot delete my installed apps ?
    How can i make Smart Manger bypass an app so it cannot optimize that app or preventing it from work in the Background ?
    thank you for your effort and please reply me as soon as you can
    thank you again

6. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, the only way to uninstall is to root the phone, this will probably help you do most of what you are looking for. Phil

7. egyptknight

egyptknight Lurker

i do not want to root it y friend ... i just want to disable smart manger ... if i prevent notifications as you said . this means it is disabled and will not bother me deleting my installed apps and stop doing antivirus check any more ?

8. philayl

philayl Android Expert

Hi, I don't think it's possible to disable it, as I said the only way to get rid of it is to root your phone, if you don't want to go that route just do as I said and turn off the notifications, at least it won't bother you then. Phil

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews