1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to disable Standalone GPS warning

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WarnerYoung, Dec 19, 2011.

1. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Member

Ever since I got the Gingerbread update (4.08), I've been having a problem when I turn on the GPS. Each time I enable GPS, I get the warning message:

Standalone GPS Services
    By selecting "Standalone GPS Services", you are enabling access to all location information...

This didn't happen before with Froyo, and I can't seem to find a way to turn this off. I've seen the warning that gives a "Never warn again", and selected that, but it doesn't help with this particular message. This seems to happen whether I turn it on through a 3rd party widget (Widgetzoid) or through the phone's own settings.

Anyone have an idea why this happens, and whether there's a way to get rid of it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Member

Hmm, nobody has any idea? Or was this covered in another thread already? I did a search but couldn't seem to find a thread on the same problem.

3. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Extreme Android User

It has been covered before but I don't remember what the answer was if there was one. I'll look around when I get a chance.

4. WarnerYoung

WarnerYoung Member

sdrawkcab25, if you can find the info on this, I'd really appreciate it. I've only found one other mention of this, in the main GB update thread. But the poster there seems to think this problem was fixed in the 4.08 update. Unfortunately, I'm already on 4.08 and still have the problem.

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews