1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!
  2. We apologize for the disruption in email services! They are sending out now, but there is a backlog, so it may take a little time to catch up.

Root How to disable startup sound on Rooted phones and edit boot up pictures

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by c627627, Sep 16, 2011.

1. c627627

c627627 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Device: Motorola CLIQ MB 200 Android 2.1 phone [Rooted] Blur_Version.2.1.5.MB200.T-Mobile.en.US

Which file needs to be edited to disable the annoying startup up boot sound? I would rather edit then use an app.

Using Droid Explorer I found that this zip file contains the boot up animation:
    /system/media/bootanimation.zip

The zip file contains a series of .png files which I assume can be simply replaced?

But you can use Droid Explorer from your PC to only copy files from phone - not write files TO phone. How do I mount the phone as read and write so I can simply copy-paste files from PC?

Advertisement

2. c627627

c627627 Lurker
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Rooted phones can be edited. Use ES File Explorer app. Go to its settings > CHECK: Root Explorer and Mount File System > to be able to copy-paste files from SD card to the phone system.

Don't forget to dismount the File System when finished for security reasons.

Renaming /system/media/bootanimation.zip gets rid of the default Motorola and default Cell carrier animation and the Android logo changing colors can be seen instead at boot up.

Renaming /system/media/audio/notifications/OnTheHunt.ogg is the only way to get rid of the boot up sound.