• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to disable suggested contacts when adding a new phone contact

AndRos7

Lurker
Mar 17, 2017
Hi guys!, this issue is driving me crazy a bit. I have a Samsung galaxy s7 edge, and I cannot find anywhere the solution to this issue so I'll ask it here, may be you can help me :) : each time I want to add a new contact, and I start to write the 1st letters, it appears above the contact's name the suggestion of contacts that already saved. For example if I start to write "Fl..." it appears above it "Florencia Rami", "Florchu Gonz", etc. I don't want this behaviour to happen. Each time I add a new contact and the person is looking at my phone he can see some contacts I already have saved, I don't want this at all, it's kinda uncomfortable. How can I disable this behaviour? .

Here you can see better in this pic what I'm talking about (I started to write "Fe.." and two saved contacts appear as suggested). Any help will be appreciated.
f9a7a595944344db978b507af87893ad.png

Have a wonderful day!.-

Thanks for you reply mate. I did it but the problem still happening. The predictive text appears just above the virtual keyboard, and the "contacts suggestion" appears above the contact I'm trying to save. I'm saving my contacts on gmail, may be it has something to do with it?
To be more graphical, here it is another pic after turning off "Predictive text"
cbfe314182734c90a65e80655848908c.png

Any other possible fix to this behaviour?

Upvote 0
Thanks to both for your answers!. Yes, it is a problem for me, since in my activity I have to talk with a lot of people and exchange contacts usually. And sometimes it's even easier for me to give them my phone so they can store their contact for themselves. It sucks that it doesn't have a possible solution, is this behaviour happening to you also?.

Any possible idea about how to solve this is welcome mates!

Upvote 0
Thanks to both for your answers!. Yes, it is a problem for me, since in my activity I have to talk with a lot of people and exchange contacts usually. And sometimes it's even easier for me to give them my phone so they can store their contact for themselves. It sucks that it doesn't have a possible solution, is this behaviour happening to you also?.

Any possible idea about how to solve this is welcome mates!

There isn't a solution because it's not a problem, well it is in your eyes.

Let me ask you this, why does it matter if the new contact sees your other contact names, have you got something to hide? :) if they i assume don't know you initially when you are taking their contact details then they won't know the existing people in your contacts either. Sounds like you are making a mountain out of a molehill to me.

And to answer your question yes it does it on mine and did on previous versions of Android, but it doesn't bother me at all. By the time you have typed out the 2nd name of the new contact the existing names in your contacts don't appear anymore anyway.

The only way i can think of is to get another contacts app from the playstore which doesn't have this behaviour.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones