• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to disable the "low battery" warning pop-up

+1 for this. Only because I was playing a quiet game with media volume down to the last bar and earplugs in and the sound startled me so hard I nearly dropped my N1. Not to mention the sheer volume of it smashed my ear drums.

It must be achievable some how. But you'll either have to switch ROMs or start digging in your stock ROM.

In any case, the chances of fixing this without rooting are slim to none.

Upvote 0
Hi 've spent ages trying to find the answer to this, as every day the low battery noise shatters my eardrums and nearly makes me fall off my seat while wearing headphones on the train. I rooted the phone, deleted the media files, tried to find the hidden menus, froze system spps with Titanium, all for nothing. Yesterday, I got Sound Manager from the Android Market, turned System Volume to zero and hey presto, no more low battery warning! It doesn't seem to effect anything else like ringtone, email text etc either. I can't believe it was so easy! I will post this on other forums too as I would've found it very helpful. Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hi 've spent ages trying to find the answer to this, as every day the low battery noise shatters my eardrums and nearly makes me fall off my seat while wearing headphones on the train. I rooted the phone, deleted the media files, tried to find the hidden menus, froze system spps with Titanium, all for nothing. Yesterday, I got Sound Manager from the Android Market, turned System Volume to zero and hey presto, no more low battery warning! It doesn't seem to effect anything else like ringtone, email text etc either. I can't believe it was so easy! I will post this on other forums too as I would've found it very helpful. Thanks,

1 Year later i'm having the same problem. Not only is the sound annoying but the pop up makes my skin crawl. Do you know a way to prevent it from popping up?

Upvote 0
Highly unlikely unless you can find a rom that has it disabled. But I wouldn't recommend it either, that pop up is a safety feature and when you see it, it's time to pause what you're doing and go plug in. Although battery calibration should protect your battery from reaching dangerously low levels, it's not 100% certain it will. And draining your battery too far can seriously diminish your battery life or at worst kill your battery, as you can see in some threads.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
ok, this is crap. this needs to be easy, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be shot. (ps: root is not 'simple'... just ask 80% of the users)

i should own the right to how i use the last 15% of my battery. if i want to drain my battery, fine.

ps: side note for site designers... when you first sign up an account into this site, and you wish to reply, it simply says you do not have enough privileges. What is unclear is that to acquire privileges, one needs to activate their account (this is not made clear during the sign-up process, nor is this message delivered... so one is uncular that to acquire privileges they simply need to activate their account)

Upvote 0
I agree this is ridiculous. My phone is attached to an external power supply, and because it doesn't have a certain level of battery charge I cannot take a photo. this is beyond walled garden stupid this is negligently bad programming and we need to stop giving these people as much money as we give them.

Upvote 0
Actually a phone always runs off the battery even when on charge, and some activities will drain it faster than the charger is charging it. So it's not actually stupid to require a minimum charge level for certain tasks even when on charge - which activities and at what charge level is more debatable, but the principle itself isn't crazy.

As for the alert (the actual topic of this thread) you really should direct any complaints to either Google or the manufacturer. People here are just android users, and we don't have any power to do anything about it other than by rooting and using custom software, so all we can do is suggest either doing that or ignoring it.

@wattro, the best way to give feedback on the site design is here: http://androidforums.com/forums/suggestion-box-feedback.11/. The site designers and administrators monitor that forum.

Upvote 0
ok, this is crap. this needs to be easy, and anyone who thinks otherwise needs to be shot. (ps: root is not 'simple'... just ask 80% of the users)

i should own the right to how i use the last 15% of my battery. if i want to drain my battery, fine.

ps: side note for site designers... when you first sign up an account into this site, and you wish to reply, it simply says you do not have enough privileges. What is unclear is that to acquire privileges, one needs to activate their account (this is not made clear during the sign-up process, nor is this message delivered... so one is uncular that to acquire privileges they simply need to activate their account)
Rooting is incredibly easy. That "80%" must be imbeciles. I bought a 2nd hand phone, still with the previous owner's stuff on it including photos and videos and within 25 minutes of it being in my home I had factory reset it to my own Samsung account, sent a backup of the old contents to the previous owner, and successfully rooted the phone. Even though I've rooted and jailbroken at least a hundred and fifty devices this year I'm no professional.

Upvote 0
I believe this is a bug for earlier android versions. For others who might encounter this problem, create or edit a user sound profile. There should be a 'notifications' or 'other notifications' sound setting. Choose silent.

Interestingly, editing the 'default' sound profiles doesn't solve the problem on some devices.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones