• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps How to distinguish Android version from code or date of download?

tonysonney

Lurker
Oct 20, 2009
Hi all,
I am not sure whether this is the correct place to post this thread. But it looked closest.
Is there a reference page or website, which says the release dates of the Android releases (I mean those already released). I mean I get confused with the numbers 1.0, 1.5 and cant distinguish which one is donut or cupcake. Is there also any way to distinguish which version do I have checking the source code? I mean a version check make file or something like that. I was told to download a code on date 24-04-2009. Which one do I download? Cupcake or Donut??:mad:

Thanks,
Tony

Hey there

Settings->About->Firmware Version tells you ur current Version.

1.5 is Cupcake, 1.6 is Donut, 2.0 is Eclair.

If your phone has a "with Google" on the back, you will get your software updates automatically over the air. If it does not, you will need to check back with the manufacturer on getting your update.

If you've got a HTC Magic without "with Google" / branding:

Dear HTC customer,

Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns.

The Magic does not currently have an upgrade to Android 1.6, we are still awaiting confirmed information from our main office regarding wether this update will come or not. But, it is correct you will not be getting any OTA upgrade to your device.

For now I can only really suggest you keep an eye on htc.com as the latest informationw ill be put up there.

Best regards,
Europe customer support team
Cheers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones