• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help how to do a reset on g2x

mojorisin7178

Apr 27, 2011
I think I have to do a master reset on the g2x. But I dont know how. The reason I want to do the reset is because the sirius-xm app is not working and i dont know why I called sirius and they told me to reinstall the app which I did a few times It seems like something is not right with the phone a few apps have crashed today and that has not happened before, the only thing I can tthink of is I just rearranged my external sd card because it was still setup for the blackberry so I deleted some things and moved somethings over from the internal I was really tired mabee I deleted something I should not have I dont know but I think vI should do A master reset unless someone else thinks otherwise. Any Sugestions and if not how to do master reset?

okay thank you If this doent work I am going to exchange this phone. I really like the g2x I am veery impressed with it then again it is only my second smartphone the first being a blackberry curve 8520 the 2g one. I went from one of the slowest smartphones to probally the fastest in one big leap. Reset is done I am amazed with how it put all my apps back but that might have been a bad thing because it didnt solve the problem. Sirius just did a content lineup change and when it finishes downloading the new content and I go to a station it just says lost data connection searching for new one then it gets stuck no matter what I do i cant get it to close unless I uninstall it. The force stop doesnt work. it is doing it on both 4g and wifi and I just relized that my blackberry is doing the same thing of corse my bb is only over the wifi network because the sim is in the g2x but they both worked yesterday so it sounds like sirius ****ed something up oh well

Upvote 0
Yeah, everyone's sirius/xm radios were updated this morning. Supposedly you have to wait ~5 minutes after radio is powered on (per email from Sirius/xm) and then it should work. Maybe the "mobile app" accounts have to go through the same, given that the Android software is not like the "online" account (which xm saw fit to "un-grandfather" me and cancel, despite my renewed membership with 3 radios :mad:). You may have to wait for them to push out an update to the Market. My channels were all jacked up for my Pioneer AVIC this morning...had to redo all my presets.

Upvote 0
yeah I was thinkin that I will probally have to wait for a update in the market that sucks but I dont really care as long as it is not my phone that is what I was concerned about plus I really only listen to Opie and Anthony and since I now have and android phone I can use pal talk and actually get the live audio without the xm delay That was one of the deal breakers for me to go to android and not BB they have the most advanced OS we wont even talk about that shit called apple and as far as xm not doing the right thing for you its not xm its sirius who is in charge now and they are a bunch of asses all the xm bigwigs got pushed out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones