• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps how to do that?

oriz

Feb 17, 2014
Hey how can i make like a list of buttons and the user can add buttons like let say that there is remibder program that you can save notes and to the main activity every note you save a new button get added with some name but how can i do that the program will "remember" how many buttons does she need to use on the main activity and how to put the right text on each one and when you click on it to open the right note

i know that it is alot of questions but please help me

well from such a vague generalization it is very hard to decide what the OP actually needs. I mean does it actually have to be a radio button setup, or can it just be a list of particular texts which link to a certain a certain function.

An sqlitedatabase can probably help with something like this, but it also seems like this might be a calendar related function, like with presets(like "feed cat" and they set the time, or "go to work" and they set the time.) So it is really hard to say unless you get the whole idea of what they are going for.

I think a large part of programming is mapping out EXACTLY what you want to do, otherwise its kind of like throwing darts in the dark.

besides, the
I am not planning to develop it i am just interestend in how to do that
makes it very clear this isn't a legit development question, but rather a general kind of question.

But either way, a database will probably be helpful.

and
developer.android.com is always a good place to look.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones