1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root How to downgrade back to stock 1.6 (Calibration issue)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Spik3ee, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Spik3ee

Spik3ee Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    I upgraded to 2.1 many months ago, and having been using it fine with no problems. Now recently iv found the touch calibration has been abit off, so i thought id recalibrate. Now since upgrading to 2.1, on the touch calibration screen the top left calibration target doesnt work, ie for the top left target doesnt recognise when i tap the centre red dot (it works for all the other targets), thus calibration keeps failing.

I tried re-installing 2.1, but the lg updater wont let me re-install as i already have 2.1. How do I go back to 1.6 so as to recalibrate and then go back to 2.1?

(I upgraded to 2.1 through official lg updator so don't have experience in roms etc, although happy to learn if thats the only way..)

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Delsus

Delsus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 14, 2011
    Im not sure if there is a way to downgrade to 1.6, but are you using a stylus to calibrate or just your finger?

3. Spik3ee

Spik3ee Newbie
    None

Sep 18, 2010
    Even with stylus the top left calibration point does not work at all :thinking:

4. Delsus

Delsus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 14, 2011
    Hmm thats a little weird, I didnt have that problem on 2.1, you could upgrade to a custom rom, I find the calibration for CM7 is good (default calibration, there is no way to calibrate it yourself)

But as I said I dont think there is a way to downgrade to 1.6, if the current calibration isnt too bad then I would stick with it or upgrade to a custom rom.