• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to downgrade to 2.1 from 2.2?

daktron

Jun 12, 2010
I saw a similar thread, but didn't see the answer I was looking for. I did the OTA upgrade to 2.2 last week. Having some problems, so I thought I might roll it back to 2.1. Is doing the factory reset the same as downgrading to 2.1? OR is there some other way to downgrade? If so, could somebody provide step by step instructions? Thanks in advance.

First off, "how to downgrade from 2.1 to 2.2" is wrong makes no sense, its how to downgrade from 2.2 to 2.1.

2) factory reset, will NOT change operating systems, meaning if you're on 2.1, you'll stay on 2.1.

3) There is a way to downgrade.

4) do a quick search there's a ton of info on this subject, (sorry I have to study for a test or I'd find it).

5) Welcome to the forums, and let us know if you have any luck or need more help. Good luck. Peace.

Reactions: daktron
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones