• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to download entire file from OneDrive

paulri

Sep 2, 2013
I can upload a file to OneDrive, but on my Kindle Fire Tablet, I can't seem to be able to download the entire folder onto my tablet. I can download those files, but only individually.

Is there a way to do this in one fell swoop?

EDIT: to clarify that I want to download entire folders at one time, but currently I can only download individual files.

Last edited:
I can upload a file to OneDrive, but on my Kindle Fire Tablet, I can't seem to be able to download the file onto my tablet. I can download those files, but only individually.

Is there a way to do this in one fell swoop?
so i'm confused.....can you download a file or not?

you first say you can't "download the file onto my tablet", but then you say you can download the files, but "only individually".

......can you elaborate more?

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
My mistake. What I meant was, I can download individual files, but I cannot download the entire folder at one time. I edited my post to say what I meant.

so i'm confused.....can you download a file or not?

you first say you can't "download the file onto my tablet", but then you say you can download the files, but "only individually".

......can you elaborate more?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Nothing happens when I try to download the entire folder. I'm just not sure how to go about doing it. I can select the folder in the OneDrive app, but I don't see any Download option after doing that. And yes, the files are all in one folder up on OneDrive.
I went into my OneDrive then into a folder and clicked the download button at the top and nothing was happening.

It only worked after I disabled my ad blocker(adguard). It downloaded all files in a zip archive.

Upvote 0
I could see if I were accessing OneDrive in a browser, that this could be my problem. But I'm using the android app for OneDrive (by MS), so I'm not sure what could be blocking me from downloading the entire folder.

I went into my OneDrive then into a folder and clicked the download button at the top and nothing was happening.

It only worked after I disabled my ad blocker(adguard). It downloaded all files in a zip archive.

Upvote 0
Your ad-blocker is global- meaning the entire device.

One Drive must have ads or such that trigger the block.

Things like this are what prevent me from using ad-blockers- other than what is included with my browsers.

I have had multiple ad-blockers, only to discover that I basically can no longer connect to the internet because basically the entire internet runs off of ads and data mining.

By the way, did you try Degoo?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones