• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

How to downsize pictures before emailng

you2

Android Expert
Jun 29, 2010
Is there an easy way to downsize a picture before sending via email? If I need to take a picture with the camera; I have two options; either I can go to mygallery and share it or go to the email app and attach it. For the life of me I do not see an option in mygallery to downsize - i can crop and sharpen; like wise in the email program I see no option.

page 38 of the manual indicates it should be in my gallery under edit; and while I can find the other options it mentions (crop, change colour, ...) I cannot find an option to resize.

Actually I found several apps on play store that work fine; I think the program oddly called "reduce photo size" and "photo editor" worked best (for me). Both had somewhat limited permission requirements and good reviews.

Still a bit disapppointed that I can't do this directly from my gallery. I tried about 15 apps. Most of the photo editors didn't allow resize and many had outlandish permission requirements.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones