1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to Drag and Drop?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by tinyteasets, Jan 3, 2013.

1. tinyteasets

tinyteasets Lurker

Is there a simple way to drag and drop items on the browser? I looked it up and was presented with various html codes and scripts. I don't know what any of that stuff means, I just want to drag and drop without moving the whole screen.

Please and thank you.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Hi tinyteasets, and welcome to AF :)

Do you mean drag and drop on the home screen (to me browser means web browser)?

If so, try a long press on the item you want to move, then drag when it "comes loose" (or when a pop-up menu appears).

3. tinyteasets

tinyteasets Lurker

Thanks for answering! But that isn't it. What I want to do is drag something on a website such as an online puzzle piece.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    not sure you can do that. never heard of this. adding something to a website will take html codes. so i'm still not sure what you mean. is this a flash game? can we be more specific so we can help you better?

5. tinyteasets

tinyteasets Lurker

I just want to keep the page still and move items seperately. For example: some volume buttons require you to drag it up or down. Online puzzles or games that require dragging to it's rightful place.

I don't know how this hasn't been addressed yet. It would be a popular app, I bet. There could be a "start/end drag" button. I found one guy who played with this concept but it isn't available anymore.
    Thanks again for the replies!

6. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

i am still confused.. but interested to see what comes of this...

7. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Extreme Android User

Are we talking about press and drag? Like your finger is doing the equivalent of the click button on a mouse?

8. !on

!on Android Expert

This will depend on the browser you're using, & having flash installed on your android. For example, in Opera if I see a picture in forums that needs me to scroll to see all of it, then the thing to press is the arrow on the end of the scroll bar, not the scroll bar itself. It will then scroll over.

Mobile browsers won't have the same functionality as desktop computing, because they're meant to only offer the fundamental basics without bloating the system. In most phone browsers to save something you need to press & hold it for the prompt to appear; to play content you might need to press it twice (to activate the flash plugin, see above), or to scroll use the arrows (again, see above).

Bear in mind that mobile phone browsers are playing catch up to computers & only recently got it together with flash content, youtube intergration, etc etc, so are still a work in progress. For the most part, press & hold on an item would bring up a menu.

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. moorken

moorken Newbie

probably this functionality has to be specifically build in into the browser by the developers, you cant just drag and drop stuff around whenever you want (unfortunately)

ocnbrze likes this.