• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to enable hdmi on wrap :)

xxpako

Jul 4, 2012
i found a way to enable hdmi on the wrap i tested and it works not sure how to get to it but is in the settings of the qualcomm app on my launcher i just press the home screen and choose shortcuts then activities then choose qualcomm settings is going to create a shorcut to the qualcomm app settings built on your phone click the shortcut you created then go to hdmi display options and enable it and thats it now should work whit your tv i have holo launcher hd :) :)

this is a setting for your buildprop or something that can enable hdmi output, though im not sure if it will actually enable anything. if someone wants to try it out though and it works i will try to create an option for it in settings or make it auto fire when hdmi is plugged in

com.qc.hdmi_out=true

see what you guys can find out, sadly i dont have an mhl cable so i cant test on my own but if we can figure out how to make it work in at least one of the source built roms(jellybeer, blackbean, cm10, cm10.1, pacman, aokp) i should be able to add it into our source to enable it across the board

Upvote 0
once you enable hdmi on the qualcomm settings stays on even if you turn the device off and is automatic i think when the cable is not pluged says hdmi not connected on the resolution option and when i plug the cable to the tv it gives me options for the resolution you just need to set the resolution one time. for what is that prop for ?? i have no problems leaving it on my phone works same as before. by the way i have superR's stock rom and i changed the boot animation from the rom CyanogenMod 10 from junkie2100 i like more junkie's rom cuz is jellybean but superR's solved a problem i had with the front camera upside down and everything works nice work on your roms guys like your work

Upvote 0
i found a way to enable hdmi on the wrap i tested and it works not sure how to get to it but is in the settings of the qualcomm app on my launcher i just press the home screen and choose shortcuts then activities then choose qualcomm settings is going to create a shorcut to the qualcomm app settings built on your phone click the shortcut you created then go to hdmi display options and enable it and thats it now should work whit your tv i have holo launcher hd :) :)

Wtg.. I love seeing a real tip by the OP prefixed "Tips." ;)

Reactions: xxpako
Upvote 0
right, but i wanna know what the launcher does to access it... is it a global variable such as that property i mentioned earlier being enabled? or is it a program specific thing? because if all the program is doing is modifying a global setting then it can be enabled in any and all launchers on any rom

Upvote 0
right, but i wanna know what the launcher does to access it... is it a global variable such as that property i mentioned earlier being enabled? or is it a program specific thing? because if all the program is doing is modifying a global setting then it can be enabled in any and all launchers on any rom
mmm the launcher is only to make a short cut to a program in specific that is just enabled im gonna check is something changed on the prop or in the settings

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones