• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to enable in app purchases?

Forgive me if my questions are too obvious but I'm new at this too and can tell you what I did to set this up. Are you logged into your Google Playstore account when you tap those purchase links? I set my preferences for allowing or disallowing purchases on my mobile devices from my PC at the Google Playstore site on my 'account' page under 'preferences.' I chose the device, that was already showing there because I'd downloaded apps off that site onto my devices, allowed purchases but requiring a new login - just in case somebody else used my device.

Did you get your apps from the Google Playstore or elsewhere? If you got them from Google Playstore, that is your payment gateway and all business you do with the app developers goes through it - that is for your protection. You register what credit card number you want to use on your Google account page, so you don't have to spread it around a lot of different directions.

The other obvious thing to check is your connection. I live out in the country so I'm accustomed to this issue. I may have plenty for browsing about but not enough to load and keep the Playstore, a graphic-laden and slow-moving site. It'll 'time out' and tell me to try again, and will behave if I keep trying. Even on my PC, I often have to refresh a page a couple of times so it will respond when I click on an 'install' button. You may be tapping inside your app of choice, but you're still trying to load that Playstore gateway in order to buy something so it's best to make sure you're not also using your connection for other jobs at the same time.

P.S. There is also Amazon! I forgot to mention that. Your gateway is your Amazon account and on any new Android device you may have, Amazon is likely already installed, for you to be able to buy apps there conveniently. You will have a card number registered there - or you can change it to another when you feel like it - and it works the same as Google.

Last edited:
Reactions: bharatingti123
Upvote 0
Forgive me if my questions are too obvious but I'm new at this too and can tell you what I did to set this up. Are you logged into your Google Playstore account when you tap those purchase links? I set my preferences for allowing or disallowing purchases on my mobile devices from my PC at the Google Playstore site on my 'account' page under 'preferences.' I chose the device, that was already showing there because I'd downloaded apps off that site onto my devices, allowed purchases but requiring a new login - just in case somebody else used my device.

Did you get your apps from the Google Playstore or elsewhere? If you got them from Google Playstore, that is your payment gateway and all business you do with the app developers goes through it - that is for your protection. You register what credit card number you want to use on your Google account page, so you don't have to spread it around a lot of different directions.

The other obvious thing to check is your connection. I live out in the country so I'm accustomed to this issue. I may have plenty for browsing about but not enough to load and keep the Playstore, a graphic-laden and slow-moving site. It'll 'time out' and tell me to try again, and will behave if I keep trying. Even on my PC, I often have to refresh a page a couple of times so it will respond when I click on an 'install' button. You may be tapping inside your app of choice, but you're still trying to load that Playstore gateway in order to buy something so it's best to make sure you're not also using your connection for other jobs at the same time.

P.S. There is also Amazon! I forgot to mention that. Your gateway is your Amazon account and on any new Android device you may have, Amazon is likely already installed, for you to be able to buy apps there conveniently. You will have a card number registered there - or you can change it to another when you feel like it - and it works the same as Google.
Hello
Im logged to the play store and allowed purcheses and checked everything and still cant oh and u forgot to say i cant see any app thats costs money and most of the free apps are not avaible in my country

And about the amazon whats the app called and/or how to set it up
-I already have an amazon account

Thanks for your time

Upvote 0
Hello
Im logged to the play store and allowed purcheses and checked everything and still cant oh and u forgot to say i cant see any app thats costs money and most of the free apps are not avaible in my country

And about the amazon whats the app called and/or how to set it up
-I already have an amazon account

Thanks for your time
Sorry to be so slow getting back. I was sick and didn't even get online for a while. What's this about free apps not available in your country? I never heard of that problem! Free is free, no matter where you are; that's up to the developers. This is the Internet, not National Customs Service. As the developers usually have a contact link, you might ask them directly if you want something you're having trouble getting. What country are you in? If this be a real problem, you are not the only one talking about it and I can run a search and find more information.

Amazon has an app that is already pre-installed for you on most newer phones; there will be an icon for them in your app drawer. If not, search it on Google Playstore. It is definitely free.

Reactions: Ahmedegg
Upvote 0
Sorry to be so slow getting back. I was sick and didn't even get online for a while. What's this about free apps not available in your country? I never heard of that problem! Free is free, no matter where you are; that's up to the developers. This is the Internet, not National Customs Service. As the developers usually have a contact link, you might ask them directly if you want something you're having trouble getting. What country are you in? If this be a real problem, you are not the only one talking about it and I can run a search and find more information.

Amazon has an app that is already pre-installed for you on most newer phones; there will be an icon for them in your app drawer. If not, search it on Google Playstore. It is definitely free.
Its ok i hope you got good , and about the free apps , i cant download game even if they are free for example clash of clans , clash royal , 9gag and hay day , this is just an example of some of the apps i cant download even if they are free and im located in iraq

Upvote 0
Its ok i hope you got good , and about the free apps , i cant download game even if they are free for example clash of clans , clash royal , 9gag and hay day , this is just an example of some of the apps i cant download even if they are free and im located in iraq

Some of those games maybe blocked and unavailable. BTW are you actually in Iran or Iraq?
This is your post I believe....about Clash of Clans in Iran.
http://androidforums.com/news/iran-...ourages-tribal-conflict.1103767/#post-7499673

Could try using a VPN, that's usually what I do in China, where many things are blocked as well.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones