1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to Enable Javascript on Android Sbrowser ?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by DZUR, Sep 5, 2016.

1. DZUR

DZUR Lurker
    None

Sep 5, 2016
    Male
    IT Programmer, Web Designer
    Hello,
    I have run into a great many issue with BookMarked Savings on my Android Device
    (Galaxy J5, o.s.version 5.1.1)
    (no matter via which Browser the Url Link was BookMarked, Native, Non-Native, Chrome, Firefox, etc..).
    Upon initial loading of my Website I could run all Javascript functions perfectly well: e.g. http://www.mydomain.com/index.php :thumbsupdroid:
    However... ! after saving the Browser Website Url location via BookMarks,
    the Browser Location URL had Changed to something like:
    content://com.sec.android.app.sbrowser/readinglist/[number].mhtml

When reloading my Website via the above CONTENT SBROWSER link Javascript did Not function at all.
    I also tried this with other Websites, which all BookMarked savings Re-Loads Locked Javascript functions, completely disabling the Websites' codes:
    e.g.,
    1. Radio buttons did not work, (it just selected the radio buttons but did not trigger the j.s functions);
    2. Html Input Type Buttons with Javascript onclick() event objects did not function, nothing ... :saddroid:

***As I already mentioned, there was absolutely NO ISSUE with the j.s coding of the above examples (1 & 2)
    when loading via the http:// url link.***

Lastly,
    although Javascript IS ENABLED on all my Android Device Browsers, it is as if it is NOT ENABLED !

Can anyone explain to me:
    1. what this CONTENT SBROWSER link is ?
    2. why it LOCKS all Javascript functions ?

For hours on end I have searched the Web for an explanation of my issue but sadly and surprisingly could Not locate any article dealing with it, hoping now that finally this Android Forum
    shed some light on the mystery.

Appreciate very much your kind and gracious answers,
    dzur (new Forum Member).

Advertisement