1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

how to enable native sip for samsung galaxy s ii (android 2.3.3)?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by david007, May 31, 2011.

1. david007

david007 Newbie

Hi all. Unfortunately samsung galaxy s ii is missing android 2.3 native sip . is there a way to add native sip to it by installing a apk of native sip for android 2.3.3? I want use native sip not 3th party softwares. Hope some expert tell me if it is possible to add native sip to this phone now or in near future ?

2. TinCool

TinCool Lurker

I use an App off of Market Place called Sipdroid which is free. Once configured with your SIP account details, it incorporates itself in to the phone very well. When selecting a contact to ring it gives you the option to call via the mobile network or to make a SIP call.

Receiving calls also works 100% of the time, provided of course you've got Sipdroid running and have an active data connection.

It works extremely well and can be turned off/on rather easily.

I am not aware of whether S2 gingerbread has SIP natively available within the OS itself.

connectandroid likes this.
  3. Thanks TinCool, was looking for a SIP app as well for my S2 :)

4. david007

david007 Newbie

Thanks guys for reply. I tried sipdroid but for some reason the other side couldn't hear me well ! According to gingerbread (android 2.3.2) s2 should have sip built in but for some reason samsung removed it !I hope some one find a way to re add it!

5. yeah tried sipdroid didn't work well i switched to csipsimple instead - call quality much better

6. yangys

yangys Lurker

Anyone know how to enable native SIP support on Samsung Galaxy S2?

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews