• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to enable scroll bar?

spman

Android Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2013
When using the phone, I sometimes find that I did not notice that I could scroll right, scroll down to see more options. An example is the [Clock] app in Samsung. When I am inside the app, I can only see 4 buttons Alarm, World Clock, Stopwatch, Timer. There is no hint that there I could scroll right to let Desk clock button appear. I only discovered this after some time.

I understand that I can always try to slide right or down to see if there is any more options not displayed, but that is quite silly, as most apps do not have hidden button towards the right. For example, the [Phone] app, I can only see 4 buttons Keypad, Lock, Favorites, Contacts. and there is really only 4 buttons. [Contacts] app also have 4 buttons only all displayed without scrolling

Some apps options where it is possible to scroll down also do not have any hint that tell the user it is possible to scroll down.

How to enable scroll bar (like windows) so that it can hint me to scroll right/down to see more options?

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones