• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to enter a comma (,) in dialer

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

When trying to find out the CSC for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, I get a "Connection Problem Or Invalid MMI Code". One of the common suggested solutions is to enter a comma (,) at the end of the prefix code in the dialer. But where is the comma (,) in the dialer? It is not on the dialer per the screenshot.

Find CSC code:
*#272*imei# > this returns "Connection Problem Or Invalid MMI Code"

1. Where to find the comma (,) in the dialer?
2. Where to place the comma (,) in the prefix code?
*#272*imei#, or *#272,*imei# or *#272*,imei#

ruiv0Pl.jpg

tee hee, you won't find the 'comma' on the dialer pad.

you go to the Contact's listing, and in the phone number, you edit it and enter a "pause"

so, for me, to get my voice mail w/o any trouble at all,
I enter *86 pause pause 1 2 3 4 ( this is a pin code )
For Voice Mail, you have to go to Carrier's Voice Mail service number in Settings....

For Verizon's email service, that defaults to their email service, it knows your phone number, so it knows which voice mail box to open, and with 2 pauses, it hears the pincode and goes straight to voice mail.

have used it for decades.

Reactions: svim and badcatz
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones