1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How To: Export Contacts FROM Evo (people) to CSV?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mattdollinger, May 31, 2011.

1. mattdollinger

mattdollinger Lurker
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    VP of Strategic Development
    Chicago, IL
    So this is a rather odd situation -

Evo 4G - using Exchange, Touchdown, and Google and have totally wiped my address book on the exchange server/outlook.

However, all of my contacts appear to be in PEOPLE (but that's not my contact manager I usually use)

I am trying desperately to pull the contacts OUT of PEOPLE into a .CSV or workable format so that I can update into my outlook. All it will allow me to save them as is a .vcf.

Thoughts? Help?

Advertisement

2. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    hrm...I don't use outlook but to export them you will need to go to people.menu.import/export

that is going to give you a .vcf
    I would then try and import them on a computer from your sd card wither straight into outlook or possibly into google, and then outlook. I am pretty sure that once you import them to google from a desctop, google when then let you export them from there as a .csv

3. ginglish

ginglish Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 25, 2010
    Check to see if your contacts are sync'ed to your account on Google. If so, in Gmail Contacts, select the contacts you want and click on "more actions" there are options to export to CVS. Evenone specifically for outlook.

If the "People" contacts are not on Google, set the phone to sync that account.
    Hope that helps.

Tags: