1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support How to export my contacts to gmail?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ventada, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Ventada

Ventada Member

I am having trouble with syncing the contacts on my phone to my gmail account. Does anyone know how to do this?

Advertisement

2. jimdroid

jimdroid Android Expert

If your phone contacts are of type Google, they will sync automatically, providing you are logged into your gmail account and haven't disabled syncing.

If your phone contacts are of type Phone, you can try an app called Contactsync ( https://market.android.com/details?id=com.happydroid.contacts&feature=search_result ). I haven't tried it, btw.

There are other ways of converting the type of contact, if you need more options...

3. Ventada

Ventada Member

Bump. Contacts still will not sync with gmail and I have tried pushing sync contacts. I am logged in on both gmail on my computer and phone but contacts wont sync. Any solutions?

4. JB in AZ

JB in AZ Android Expert

Dumb question...are you sure you are using the exact same gmail address on both?

5. Nozspark

Nozspark Member

Try exporting your contacts to your SD card, delete all the contacts, then import them back and this time save them as Google contacts..
    (or was that back up to sd card, delete and then restore from sd card).. I can't remember

and thay should be it...

PS when you add a contact make sure you save it as a Google contact

#avg_ls_inline_popup{position: absolute;z-index: 9999;padding: 0px 0px;margin-left: 0px;margin-top: 0px;overflow: hidden;word-wrap: break-word;color: black;font-size: 10px;text-align: left;line-height: 130%;}

Magnustampa likes this.