• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

how to extend battery life, starting to lose hope

i have a problem with my galaxy indulge im starting to lose hope with this, i just want to know how do I increase my battery life, ive tried everything down to juice defender, Set Cpu, Auto killer and Task killer and also lowered my settings on my phone but nothings working :( i dont use my phone to much but i really dont want to buy 2 batteries and carry them around for 1 phone. i really need some advice :(

well ok before you jump to ex batt witch is not a bad ideal
1. root phone install ROM once this is done Get juice Defender U Beta from their site
2. Get the setting in JD = juice Defender set them for 4g off and set controls and triggers
like when using store turn on 4g. 4g is first big thing also have it turn off if screen is off
3. set cpu to lowest when screen is off and middle when screen is on and full when trigger by apps
NOW doing all this will have you batteries lasting all day with 23% at end JD saying im saving 2.31 on power with stock and all this you need to be rooted
With exbatt NOTE might take one mth to get their but its cheap only $105
But with it and all the settings i write above its last 3 days JD says im saying 3.93
and at end i would like to add i play music all day and play games i use slacker witch you can set that to 1x spd and it will play fine and i have screen to the brightest and i have look out running and google gps running so im sure this will help

Upvote 0
well ok before you jump to ex batt witch is not a bad ideal
1. root phone install ROM once this is done Get juice Defender U Beta from their site
2. Get the setting in JD = juice Defender set them for 4g off and set controls and triggers
like when using store turn on 4g. 4g is first big thing also have it turn off if screen is off
3. set cpu to lowest when screen is off and middle when screen is on and full when trigger by apps
NOW doing all this will have you batteries lasting all day with 23% at end JD saying im saving 2.31 on power with stock and all this you need to be rooted
With exbatt NOTE might take one mth to get their but its cheap only $105
But with it and all the settings i write above its last 3 days JD says im saying 3.93
and at end i would like to add i play music all day and play games i use slacker witch you can set that to 1x spd and it will play fine and i have screen to the brightest and i have look out running and google gps running so im sure this will help

please, please please stop telling people extended batteries are over $100. They are not even close to that price.

Upvote 0
If you wish to recalibrate your battery, follow these instructions:

• Drain the battery on your phone until it dies (heavy Youtube watching might help ;))
  • If you have CWM installed, with phone off, plug into wall charger and reboot using Power+R keys
  • In recovery mode, select Wipe Battery Stats to clear the battery settings
  • When you've received confirmation that the stats are cleared, power off the device (do not reboot) - or if you do, just turn it off...
  • Let the device charge to 100%
  • Power the device back on. Amazingly, it's NOT going to stay at 100%, so let it charge back up to 100% (again).
  • Reboot into recovery. (Use Power+R if you don't have Basix installed or some root app that can do it for you ;) )
  • Re-wipe the Battery stats again.
  • Power the device back on.
  • Your battery should be calibrated. Go enjoy your phone.

If you wish, you may redo the whole process again to re-re-calibrate it if you wish. (some paranoia-induced reason might lead you to believe one time is not enough, lol :D)

And yes, calibrating your battery will make it last longer

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones