• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help How to extend battery life?

Murcury

Lurker
Jul 3, 2011
I read some of the other threads and got some ideas from it. Today, I walked out of the house at 2:45 PM and by the time I came home at 4 PM I was down to 71% battery! I was doing a bit of mobile stuff (viewing BBC News reports, checking a site or two, downloading a few apps) and texting. But still, I started at 100% and went down 30% in less than 2 hours. The people at the store put Automatic Task Killer on my phone. I heard that ATK will be useless for certain phones and hurt rather than help. Should I remove ATK? Also I try to disable brightness (as much as I can, in some cases I have to use a little) and conserve energy (turn off GPS), but are there any other tips I can do to help the battery life of my Incredible 2?

Oooooohhhhhh, ok. I had never thought of hitting the menu button twice.
Either way it was already off. I did turn off background data under Accounts and Sync, though. I'm not entirely sure what it's going to do though. I haven't noticed much of a battery consumption difference yet...

Upvote 0
My two month old soon woke me up this morning at 6:29. Rolled over and checked the phone, 100%. Unplugged the charger, fed him and went back to sleep. Woke back up at 9:46, checked the phone. Down to 76%. The phone did NOTHING in that time but sit there. No missed calls, no text messages, gtalk. Only a yahoo email notification.

Upvote 0
My two month old soon woke me up this morning at 6:29. Rolled over and checked the phone, 100%. Unplugged the charger, fed him and went back to sleep. Woke back up at 9:46, checked the phone. Down to 76%. The phone did NOTHING in that time but sit there. No missed calls, no text messages, gtalk. Only a yahoo email notification.

There's a very good chance you either have an app minimized and running full on that is draining the battery or a defective app that consumes large amounts of juice when sleeping.

Upvote 0

I use Watchdog to check on process usage. You can view CPU % in real-time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones