1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

How to extract data from broken phone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nitai Gildor, May 23, 2019.

1. Nitai Gildor

Nitai Gildor Lurker

HI
    so I just dropped my OnePlus 3T and the screen was shattered' touch doesnt work.
    unfortunately' usb debugging was not enabled. is there a way to access the data in the phone from my pc (contacts, whatsapp messages, pictures, music etc)
    thanks

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Usb debugging doesn't matter.
    Connect to a pc and see if it will read it using windows explorer

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Was it locked as well? If so, I think may not be possible by computer, if USB debugging wasn't enabled, and you'll need to get the phone repaired to retrieve the data.

ocnbrze likes this.
  4. Nitai Gildor

Nitai Gildor Lurker

windows reads it but normally it wants me to access "transfer files mode" from within the phone
    it just shows an empty folder in my computer

yes the phone was locked but I unlock it just fine with the fingerprint scanner

5. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

Can you see anything on the screen, i.e. is it only touch that isn't working? If you can see then connect a mouse via a usb OTG adapter and you should be able to change the default usb connection mode to file transfer: the setting is in the developer options, which if you don't have it enabled you can activate by going into settings, finding the build number (about phone, software information) and clicking repeatedly on it until it tells you that you are now a developer.

If the display is out as well then have you any way of casting it to something else? Enabling anything blindly is going to be very hard.

ocnbrze and svim like this.
  6. Nitai Gildor

Nitai Gildor Lurker

unfortunately both the display and touch screen are broken. I can't see anything and touch doesn't work....

7. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

I'm sorry to say but I think your phone is SOL. I can't think of anything that you could try in your situation. You can maybe try and go to ifixit.com and order parts for your screen and try to fix or yourself. They have a guide for your phone that shows you how to do it.

#7 ocnbrze, May 24, 2019
    Last edited: May 24, 2019
    Hadron and Dannydet like this.

OnePlus 3T Forum

The OnePlus 3T release date is unknown..Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown.
Release Date
Reviews